Officers and Members
Permanent Members and Committee Chairs
Role of the Council
1. To serve and be a Christian witness in this community
2. To serve as a consultative body to the Pastor
3. To give of itself, its representatives, and committee members the time, effort, and work essential for an effective council
4. To establish procedures for the Council and the Council's committees which foster involvement, honesty, communication, and collaboration
5. To be a sounding board for the needs and wishes of the Parish
6. To generate a greater degree of involvement on the part of all parishioners
7. To assist parishioners in recognizing their need to exercise their apostolate both in the Church and in the world, in both spiritual and temporal orders
8. To assist parishioners in understanding and adjusting to the Church's views relating to concepts of collegiality, service, authority, and responsibility as well as to preserve the best traditions of the Church
9. To implement policy and procedures set forth by the Archdiocese, Pastor, staff, and Pastoral Council
Pastoral Council Elections 2023/2024
Are you looking for a new and meaningful way to make a difference in our parish?
Do you have ideas about ways to improve parish life?
We would love to have council members who represent all aspects of our active, diverse parish. The Council is made up of twelve elected parishioners who meet monthly to provide advice to Msgr. John and Fr. Scott on all parish matters.
If you care about our parish, are willing to share your time and talents, are at least 16 years old, baptized, and a registered member of Resurrection, we invite you to run for one of the 4 open spots on the Council.
The council is currently accepting nominations for four positions. Those elected will serve 3-year terms beginning July 1, 2023.
If you are interested in being a candidate, please complete this Google form, which includes contact information and a brief biography (no more than 750 characters or about 150 words) by Friday, March 31. After completing the form, email a recent picture (approximately 2”x2”) to Martin Mullan (email@example.com) and Jeananne Sciabarra (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please reach out to Mary Peroutka at 410-979-9099 or Martin Mullan at 301-335-5787 or any other member of the council (contact information can be found below) if you’d like to learn more about serving before deciding whether to run.
Candidate biographies will be published in the bulletin and available on the pastoral council web page beginning April 10, and the election will be held the week of April 24-30. Parishioners will be able to vote via Survey Monkey or in person at mass the weekend of April 29/30. More information about the election process will be available in mid-April.