Why do we need Greeters?
· To create a feeling of warmth and hospitality for parishioners, new parishioners, and guests.
· To make Resurrection a place where everyone feels welcome.
What will my job as a Greeter entail?
· Your main role will be to welcome parishioners and visitors as they enter Mass.
· To answer questions about church events or ministries and provide general information.
· To provide prospective parishioners information on registering in the parish.
But don’t worry—we’ll provide you with training and all the materials you’ll need!
Are there any special requirements?
· A friendly smile and an openness towards strangers.
· A willingness to arrive about 15 minutes early for the Mass you normally attend.
· Presently, we are recruiting people over the age of 18, but young people and children are most welcome to be greeters along with a parent who has attended our greeter training.
How much time will be required?
· Initially, you’ll attend a training session.
· Just the additional 15 minutes before Mass, and occasionally, a few minutes afterwards to submit questions or requests that parishioners might have for an administrator or ministry.
· A few optional, informal social get-togethers for greeters to share stories, challenges, and ideas.
For more information or to sign up to be a Greeter, please contact Carolyn Kuchinski at email@example.com or call 410-465-1089. Thanks!
The Greeter Ministry is a great way to meet people and become part of the parish!